Happy Black History Month: Black Empowerment Songs for February


Happy Black History Month!!!

In hopes to provide something of value for February I wanted to share 29 songs about black empowerment, one for each day of the month (including leap year).

These songs are in no particular order and are not exclusive to the hip hop genre...

So here are some tracks you should check out:

1. Kendrick Lamar - "i" (album version)
2. Marvin Gaye - "What's Happening Brother"
3. Lupe Fiasco - "Manilla"
4. Bobby Sessions - "Politics"
5. Rapsody - "Black & Ugly"
6. OutKast - "Rosa Parks"
7. D'Angelo and The Vanguard - "The Charade"
8. Common - "It's Your World"
9. Cyhi The Prince - " Be Great"
10. Tupac Shakur - "Changes"
11. J. Cole - "I Get Up"
12. Joey Purp - "Cornerstore"
13. Goldlink - "New Black"
14. Joey Bada$$ - "For My People"
15. James Brown - "Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud"
16. Dizzy Wright - "Black People"
17. Bas - "Black Owned Business"
18. Big KRIT - "Another Naive Individual Glorifying Greed And Encouraging Racism"
19. Kojey Black - "Water"
20. Public Enemy - "Fight the Power"
21. Wale - "Black is Gold"
22. Nas - "I can"
23. Beyonce - "Freedom"
24. Oddisee - "NNGE"
25. Erykah Badu - "Soldier"
26. Game - "Don't Shoot"
27. Sylvan LaCue - "Televised"
28. Brasstracks - "Melanin Man"
29. Solange - "F.U.B.U" (also check out "Don't Touch My Hair")

Comments